Friday, December 23, 2005

Only God Can Judge Me


pope just sitting
Originally uploaded by Joseph Ratzinger.
Tupac eloquently penned: "Recollect your thoughts don't get caught up in the mix cause the media is full of dirty tricks. Only God can judge me."

It's sort of been my morning mantra with all the terrible press I've been getting lately.

Have you seen the USA TODAY article about me? It's about how Catholics are still forming their impressions about me.

It quotes this depraved woman, Karla McCarthy, who says: "I like Pope John Paul better, but we'll see. I don't know him that well."

The article also shows this daft picture of me on a chair twiddling my thumbs.

I'm really upset right now. I need a bath.

And Karla better not come praying to me when she's in purgatory.

7 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

Don't worry they just have to get to know you better.

12/23/2005 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pope, maybe your brother was right, maybe you are too old to be the pope. i don't mean to be mean, especially since the holidays are coming up and all, but maybe it's time to give it up. then if you wanted, you could take nice, hot baths all the time!

12/23/2005 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That article is deplorable. However, you do have big shoes to fill.
Just think how beloved your successor will be.

12/23/2005 9:07 PM  
Blogger the many Bs said...

Don't fret, your holiness. Karla just needs to get to know you better. Maybe she should read your blog.

12/24/2005 3:57 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Calm down and ride this one out. Things will look up soon. Cleanliness in next to godliness; so watch your hygiene. Nobody wants a dirty pope.

12/24/2005 6:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't worry; I'm sure George Bush feels the same way about competing with his charismatic predecessor. If I were you, I'd watch it with this bath stuff, though. People might think that's sort of, well...gay. How about a nice hot shower instead?

12/24/2005 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Holiness,
It sounds like they wanted someone a little more outgoing, that's too bad. Don't let them push you into anything, who cares what they think anyway. Are you doing what you feel is right for the church and the world or for you personaly?

1/05/2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home